Thursday 19 July 2018

Joseph Purdy Productions, Ranpunzel Review

Photo by Shania Bethune

Last night I was lucky enough to see the Joseph Purdy production of the pantomime, Rapunzel in the Tivoli Theatre, Aberdeen. The show has toured several places such as London and Manchester and has now landed in Aberdeen until Sunday! I had the wonderful opportunity of reviewing this pantomime and also having a chat with some fellow audience members and the producer himself, Joe Purdy. I will also be interviewing the cast members later this week, this interview I will place in a separate post as I know you are all eager to know the answers to your questions. For now however onto the review: 

"Very, very funny for adults and children", Louise from Aberdeen shared her view on the performance. 

"I loved the songs and it was very funny", was the opinion of some young boys in the audience. 

From what I could gather, the consensus opinion of the show was that it was a feel-good, humorous and interactive performance for all the family and I could not agree more!

With popular songs, jokes for both children and adults, good use of lighting, great vocals, impressive costumes and the clever use of some local Aberdeen slang, the show was bound to be a hit. The diverse characters entertained everyone and they made you feel as if you were on the stage with them having a great time. 

The vocals of all the cast were impeccable and the endearing character of Chester had me chuckling the entire time. Not to mention, Britain's Got Talent winner, George Sampson throwing it back a decade and re-introducing the dance we all know and love- I personally felt my teenage self jump with joy at this part. 

This performance of Rapunzel although staying true to the original story also managed to change it up enough that you were still wondering what happened next but don't worry it is pantomime after all, you will still get your Happily Ever After. 


Interviewing Joe Purdy- Full interview will be included in my next post. (photo by Shania Bethune) 


I would like to finish off this review with a quote from the producer himself, Joe Purdy. "If I could describe this pantomime in 3 words it would be fun, energetic and family-friendly". 

I could not have picked a better three words myself. Five stars from me and I would highly recommend you get down to the Tivoli Theatre to see this wonderful show within the next few days. You can get tickets on aberdeenperformingarts.com. If you cannot make it this time, Joseph Purdy Productions will be returning with "The Wizard Of Oz" this October, which if this production is anything to go by, will be amazing! 

Thank you to everyone involved Rapunzel. Myself and my family enjoyed every second of the show. Looking forward to interviewing the cast later this week and hopefully coming a long again to your next show. 

Later this week I will have a post which will include the interview of the producer and cast so be sure to come back for that. I will notify everyone on my social media when this is posted. I hope you all enjoyed this review and thank you for reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Breastfeeding Journey

A post many of you have been waiting for and one I have been very excited to write. I am now 7 months into exclusively breastfeeding and ...