Monday 23 July 2018

Rapunzel Part 2: Interviewing the Cast


As promised I am back with Rapunzel Part 2: Interviewing the cast! 
Before I go into the interview I wanted to say a massive thank you to the producer, Joe Purdy for organising this backstage interview and also to the entire cast for not only taking the time to answer my questions but also being so lovely when I had to last minute bring Ella-Grace a long, lovely people. Thank you again. Now, into the interview... 

Charlotte Dacia as Rapunzel
George Sampson as Prince George

Gemma Gibbons as Horabella
Jamie Jones as Queen Passionella
Sohelia Clifford as Fairy Kind-Heart

Gary Morrison as Chester

The questions were asked to the cast in two groups: The female cast and the male cast. (I have also added the Joe's answers in here also). 

Q: What cast member is most like their character? 

Gemma: Charlotte I think. 
Sohelia: Yeah, Charlotte!
Gemma: She is a proper princess.
Sohelia: Lets put it this way, you normally wake up in the morning to your alarm clock but with Charlotte, she wakes up to birds singing. 

George: Definitely Gary! He is very funny. It was the perfect part for him. 
Gary: Yeah I do like a good laugh. 

Q: Do you get nervous and if you do how do you deal with them? 

Charlotte: I don't get as nervous as I used to. The more you do it the less nervous you get. 
Gemma: I think everyone gets a little bit nervous. 

George: I get nervous and don;t tackle it at all. 
Gary: You just deal with it. 
Jamie: I get nervous especially if I am concerned for a certain part. I think there would be something wrong if you never got nervous before going on stage. You always have worries like how are the audience going to react? But when the music starts your okay. 
George: Yeah, once the music starts and your out there you are fine. 

Q: What challenges did you face during rehearsals? 

Sohelia: It was quite an easy process. 
Gemma: The only thing was when George was away. 
Sohelia: Yeah, he has an interview on this morning so we had to rehearse without him. 
Charlotte: Yeah I had a random prince one day. We also only had about 6 days to get the show together so that was a bit difficult. 

Gary: Just getting it all right. 
Jamie: We only had about 6 days to get it together as well. 
Gary: Yeah so we had to do it really fast. 
Jamie: Another thing is the jokes that you change depending on where you are. Some jokes will work in London but won't work in Scotland so you have to constantly change parts in the script. For example, Football references always have to be changed.

Q: What Panto is your favourite and why? 

Sohelia: My favourite one that I have been in is Snow White but to watch my favourite one is Aladdin because of the kind of magic in it like the magic carpet and the genie. I just think that one is really nice to watch. 
Charlotte: I like Cinderella a lot, that one is my favourite. 
Gemma: Cinderella is my favourite too, the best one to see at Christmas time, the most festive. 

George: Jack and The Beanstalk is my favourite. I've played Jack a lot and I just really like the whole story. 
Jamie: I think it depends on the script because you can get a Panto you like but then it's not a great script. Cinderella is the most magical definitely. 
Joe: Jack and The Beanstalk is my favourite because that was the first one I ever saw. 

Q: What do you think of Aberdeen so far? 
Gemma: I like it!
Charlotte: Its good, haven't had much time to explore though unfortunately. 
Sohelia: The audiences have been amazing, we have had great reactions so far. 

George: I love Aberdeen! We went to the circus and that was really good. 
Jamie: And the night life is great! Although if you had asked me this when I just arrived it maybe would of been a different answer as I got pooped on by a seagull in the first 20 minutes but I like it now. 
Gary: We have been treated superbly by everyone and the audience has been great. 
Joe: Great, it's a really nice town. Where I am from is very small so it's nice coming to a bigger city and broadening my horizons. 

Q: (For George) How does being on a theatre stage differ to being on a televised, talent show like Britain's Got Talent? 

George: Well on Britain's Got Talent you have to aim towards the camera and think about where the camera's are while you are performing. The show is obviously being shown on TV so millions are watching who have voted for you to be there. In the theatre it is a closed audience and you just have to focus on the hundred or so people that are in front of you. You have to make sure you are up to scratch. 

BACKSTAGE PHOTOS>>>>

























Thank you for reading!

Thank you so much for reading and thank you for sending in questions! I have really enjoyed doing something different from my regular posts but for those of you who are more interested in my Mummy blogs I will be back to them very soon. I have always loved the theatre from a young age and really want Ella-Grace to love it to so having this opportunity is amazing. Thanks once again to everyone involved. Unfortunately Rapunzel has now ended in Aberdeen but don't worry, Joseph Purdy Productions are coming back in October with 'The Wizard Of Oz' so be sure to come secure your tickets now!! 

If you like my blog please follow me on social media (Instagram @laurajanelifex , Facebook LauraJane Life) to be notified when I post, some cute toddler pictures and more of an insight into my day to day life. Till next time lovely readers! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Breastfeeding Journey

A post many of you have been waiting for and one I have been very excited to write. I am now 7 months into exclusively breastfeeding and ...