Monday 6 November 2017

Quick and Easy Butternutsquash soup


Quick Post...


Hello again Readers! Just a quick post today, as some of you will know if you follow my social media, Ella-Grace has a viral infection. She has been so unsettled and all my efforts have been going into trying to cheer her up and make her feel better. I was actually going to skip a week of blogging but with Ella-Grace down for a nap I thought I would share this quick, yummy recipe.

I think it was Thursday evening, Ella-Grace was unwell and I was exhausted. Really didn't want to cook but obviously I had to as Ella-Grace always eats what we eat so if I didn't cook a healthy meal for myself and Reece that would mean she would not be having a good meal which she obviously needs. So with my beautiful girl in mind, I thought to myself what is healthy, easy to eat and one of Ella-Graces favourite's? The answer being butternut-squash, so I decided to make butternut-squash soup. I had made a lot of soups before it is one of my favourite things to make and eat, I was expecting this soup not to turn out great to be honest because I just kind of threw a few different vegetables in a pot with stock and cooked it but it turned out so yummy! Ella-Grace had two bowls! I also managed to make the exact right amount which is something I never manage to do - I always make too much- but this time I managed to make a bowl for me, Reece, Ella-Grace and a second bowl for Ella-Grace's lunch tomorrow. 

Recipe...

Ingredients 

  • - 1/2 bag of frozen butternut-squash
  • -1 carrot 
  • -1 mug of frozen sweetcorn
  • -4 or 5 frozen cauliflower florets 
  • -250ml soy milk 
  • -150ml vegetable stock
  • -1 tsp coriander 
  • -1 tsp ginger 

Method

  • Put veg in a large saucepan, add milk and stock. Bring to boil.
  • Add coriander and ginger. Let simmer until all veg is soft (20/25mins) 
  • Take off heat. Use hand blender until smooth.
  • Season with salt and pepper (after removing baby's) 
  • Serve with bread or toast. 


Thanks for Reading...

Thanks for reading! Told you it was very simple and very easy. We all love it and I certainly be making it again, comment below if you use it. I am hoping Ella-Grace gets better soon and then I will hopefully be able to upload a longer blog post! Don't forget to follow my other social media (links above) Till next time readers...

Stay Happy Everyone :)! 

2 comments:

  1. To Ardhanarishwara, the blissfully turing one who resides in the third eye plexus (Ajna Chakra) of each aspirant and who denotes the union of my Param Gurudeva Bhagwan Shiva and my Param Gurudevi Maa Shakti, are offered these salutions, prior this little student continues any further with the text, For more info visit: Self realization

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our team consists of the professional SEOs having a vast experience in the field of SEO ensuring the quality services for our clients that drive them to the success,SEO service

    ReplyDelete

Our Breastfeeding Journey

A post many of you have been waiting for and one I have been very excited to write. I am now 7 months into exclusively breastfeeding and ...