Wednesday 23 August 2017

Bath time: Mama's Favourites and Baby's Essentials


I Love Baths... 

Having a bath has always been my way to relax. Before having Ella-Grace, while I was pregnant and especially now being a mum (when 'me time' is rare). That small time after having the c-section where I wasn't aloud to have a bath was a very difficult time for me so when I was aloud to have one again it really helped me chill out and be the best mum I could be. When Reece comes home from work I cook supper and once Ella-Grace is down for the night that will be the time I get to have time to myself so I have a bath. Ella-Grace like her mum loves a bath, she always has since we first bathed her at a few days old- getting dry is a different story but in while she is in the bath she loves it.

Today my lovely readers, I will be telling you how our bath time goes. What I need for Ella-Graces bath routine and some of Mama's favorites that lets me enjoy my bath time to the fullest. I will link everything in this list at the end in case any of you want to get any of these things. Happy reading!

Baby's Essentials...


I thought I would start with Ella-Graces bath time essentials. But before I get into what I use for her I better tell you what her actual routine is for those who are interested in how we do it. We bath Ella-Grace twice a week, no specific day just when we can. Now it is always Reece that baths her after he finishes work because 1. It is a great daddy, daughter time for them since he is often at work all day and 2. It allows me to cook our supper, which is also something I find relaxing and enjoyable.
So yes Ella-Grace always gets bathed in the evening, we have a baby bath for her that we place in our bath (although she is growing out of that now). We wash her, play with her then take her out dry her, put her creams on and in her PJ's, Always waiting till after she has had her supper (usually a sort of vegetable puree followed by a fruit pot) cause she usually gets very messy- just so you know as well I will be doing a blog post on starting Ella-Grace on baby food, how I make it myself etc. but anyway back on today's topic, baby bath essentials.

Johnson's Baby Bubble Bath/Wash and Shampoo 


Going to be completely honest here, we have never used anything other than this combination. So if you are looking for someone who has used multiple different baby baths to find the best one then sorry I can't help you there. But I have thought about switching before (I've heard great things about Dove baby) but Ella-Grace has quite sensitive skin, suffering from excema and the Johnson's products seem to help her skin and not make it irritated so we have stuck to it. 
It can make a lot of bubbles with just the smallest amount which is good for Ella-Grace as she loves to play and grab the bubbles.  

You can purchase this in pretty much any supermarket or boots in the UK (not sure about other countries) as it is a very popular brand for babies. Most mums watching this have probably tried this one before. Not expensive and does the job, a straight to the point product.

Baby Bath Thermometer (WITH IDEAL TEMPERATURE MARKING)

Sorry if the capital letters look aggressive, I just think that is of vital importance. Making sure the bath is not too hot nor to cold for Ella-Grace and any other baby is essential. You want it to be just the right temperature for their sensitive little bodies. The thermometer I have is very simple. It is shaped as a fish and you just put it in the bath when it is full. It will float there and you can keep checking it to see when it is at the right temperature, the temperature is marked by a tiny baby silhouette. When the line is on the silhouette I know its ready to put Ella-Grace in. Definitely on the top of the essential list. 

Sponge 

Very basic, nothing special. We use a standard baby sponge from Boots to wash Ella-Grace with. Again it does the job and different versions are available pretty much everywhere. 

Bath Toys

The Classic Rubber Ducks 

Ella-Grace is still quite little (5 months old) but she does not enjoy at least looking at her bath toys in the bath. Her main bath toy being the classic rubber duck. I think these were given to us as a gift, 4 different coloured rubber ducks. You can purchase these again a lot of baby places. 
Ella-Grace loves to hold them and look at them float. Sometimes we sit one on her tummy when she's lying in the bath and she just smiles and laughs, its so cute. 

Bath Boats

Another toy she loves in the bath are her boats that Reece picked out for her when I was pregnant. We thought they were different to the standard bath toys and where she hasn't really got the hang of playing with them yet, like the rubber ducks she enjoys to look at her boats while she is getting all cleaned up. 
They came in a pack of three: one blue, one red and one orange. We purchased them I think from Asda (we have bought so much stuff I'm loosing track of where everything is from, my head is a blur of baby products haha). 

After Bath...

Hooded Towel 

A towel is an obvious must have but a hooded towel (as well as adding cuteness) is handy and keeps baby warm when they come out the bath. Also making it easier for me to dry her head, which Ella-Grace usually hates but with a hooded towel its over before she can even think to cry about it. We purchased our cute little hooded towel from Boots.

Creams 


Ella Grace has quite sensitive skin. It used to be really bad and she was suffering from excema. So after every bath we lather her up with these two creams to keep her skin from getting sore again. These two really work a charm, 

Aveeno Baby Moisturiser 

This cream was actually perscribed to Ella-Grace by the doctor when I took her because of her bad excema. Im pretty sure however you can buy this in places like Boots, Superdrug, Supermarkets or your local pharmacy (again I am from the UK so I can only speak from here). This cream has worked wonders on her skin since we started using it, her skin is clear and soft. All babies are different but you never know this might work. 


Coconut Oil

Coconut oil. Everyone knows this can work wonders for a lot of things so no wonder it is amazing to have on your skin. This is what we were using before we started with the Aveeno cream and although it didn't fix her dry skin, it definitely soothed it and made it softer. I think a combination of these two are amazing for after Ella-Grace's bath and I know she loves being all moisturised after. We bought our coconut oil from Tesco but you can pretty much get it from anywhere.

Mama's Favourites... 


Like I said at the start I adore baths. They make me so relaxed and since that this is my me time yeah I go all out, bath bombs and all! Some might say that is selfish but I work my butt off being a mum and working from home so if I want to refresh in order to do the best I can at those two things then I am going to do just that. I know my fellow mums will get me haha! 

Of all the different bath products I have tried these are definitely my favourites! 


Bath Bomb

Lush Rocket Science Bath Bomb

OMG! This bath bomb is my favourite of all time! (I know that's quite a statement) This bath bomb has everything I could possibly ask for and I  love it for these 3 reasons 1. It's shaped like a rocket which is just cute haha 2. It fizzes out the most amazing colours leaving your bath a mixure of electric blue and pink swirls which, I don't know those colours I just find magical and relaxing. 3. It makes your skin so soft after its unreal. 
Obviously everyone is different and it might not be your thing or work the same on your skin but it works wonders for me. 

Bubble Bar

SunnySide Bubble Bar


This was actually a birthday present from two of my bestfriends, I am so glad they introduced me to the world of bubble bars! I personally always go for a bath bomb, the fizz and colour always attracted me to them and being honest I didn't really know what a bubble bar was haha! The down side to bath bombs of course is you buy one and use it once then its gone. With a bubble bar you can crumble a little bit in and keep the rest for another time. I've used it 3 times now and still have plenty left!
This bubble bar is gold and glitter making my bath look fancy and me look slightly sparkly haha and creates great bubbles. On top of that making my skin so soft! This making it now an essential for my bath time relaxation. This bubble bar was from LUSH. 

Bubble Bath

Zoella Scooper Dooper

I am a huge fan of Zoella (Zoe Sugg). From her youtube videos and blog to her products- which is why I am mentioning her on this list. SCOOPER DOOPER!! Sounds funny I know (part of what attracted me to the product tbh) but this product is so good I add it to pretty much every bath! I creates the most bubbles of all my bath products and you just scoop or pour how much you want in your bath and keep the rest for next time. It comes in the cutest little tub and is available online or in store (Superdrug, boots etc). One of my all time favourite bath time products. 


Tesco Bath Cream


Simple is sometimes the best and when I do my food shop at Tesco and go past the soap isle (or whatever that isle is called) I always pick up some of their bubble bath or creme. At around 75p I think is a bargian, lasts ages and is really good! Ive used a few different kinds, most recently the lavender bath creme and love them all. So if one week I realise I'm running out on bath products but pay day isnt till next week this is what I go for. 

Face Mask

Superdrug orange and lava exfoliating mask


Love this face mask for 3 reasons! 1. Smells amazing 2. Love the way it drys on your face 3.Face is so soft afterwards! If your like me you will hate when you buy a face mask and it looks one way on the pack and then you put in on your face and it like a gel and doesn't cover your face the same. I like the product to cover my face and dry into an actual 'mask'. No idea if that makes sense but basically it covers your face like mud, dries and washes off easy. Having a facemask during my bath always gives me a proper spa/relaxation feeling. This facemask I purchase from superdrug and last time I checked it was 3 for £1, bargain!!

Candles 

I am obsessed with candles day to day (honestly my collection is so big) but during a bath having a candle lit again adds to the relaxation and these are my favourites!

Zoella- Seaside Stroll Candle 


Another Zoella product and maybe even my favourite candle of all time! Obviously depends on what kind of scent you like but I would recommend trying this one. It is so fresh and clean smelling, reminding you of the sea. I usually light it near my door so my visitors get a lovely smell as they walk in (you know instead of thee usual nappy smell or when I havent had time to do the dishes) but when I have a bath I often light it then as the smell just makes me feel so relaxed. Sounds weird but as I am a blogger, Zoella is one of my biggest inspirations and having a product of hers/using it gives me my daily dose of motivation. You can get these again online, at superdrug, boots ect. and I am pretty sure you can now buy Zoella candles in Topshop. Links will be at the end. 

After Bath

The relaxation doesnt end when the water is drained from the bath, if I have time to mositurise this is an adder bonus to my me time and makes me feel even more relaxed and fresh. Not to mention soft. 

E45 Cream
I got really bad dry patches on my skin after I had Ella-Grace. Something I had never experienced before as my skin was always pretty good even as a teenager. I went to see my doctor and they prescribed a steroid cream for a week and then continuous E45. Available pretty much everywhere, E45 makes my skin so soft and just like it was before having Ella-Grace. Again everyones skin is different but if you are suffering from dry skin it might work for you.

Nuage Tattoo Moisturiser


A new moisturiser I have started to use recently. My sister actually bought me it for my birthday. To those who don't know, I have quite a few tattoos one of which covers the top half of my arm. Soon I will be getting another on my forearm menaing my entire arm will almost be covered and of course you need to keep it moisturised to keep the tattoo looking its best. 
This moisturser has been working wonders and if my skin on my tattoo is getting dry I put some of this on and it sorts it out. I love my Tattoos this being why I apply it after every bath and making it one of  my favs. Not sure where my sister purchased this but I will look it up and link it at the end. 

I Love Chocolate Truffle Body Butter 


Who doesn't love to smell like chocolate? This body creme I use pretty much everywhere and it makes my skin so smooth as well as making me smell scrumptious! It came in a little box with chocolate body spray aswell for that added chocolateyness- I dont think that is a word but oh well haha. I think unfortunately they have stopped selling this kind (or atleast I can't find it on the website) but they have many different flavours such as strawberry & cream, coconut & cream, raspberry & blacberry etc. I'm sure they are worth a try, link below. 

LINKS TO ALL PRODUCTS:




Thanks for reading....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading and all the support as usual! I hope you liked reading about out bath time (mummy and baby, would of done Reece too but he is more of a shower kind of guy haha). What are some of your bath favourites or essentials? Have you ever used any of these products or has this blog post made you want to try any? Please let me know and comment below! Until my next blog post please check out some of my articles featured on babygaga.com (most recent article I will link below) and follow my social media for more of insight into my day to day life (links homepage or menu of blog). Till next time readers. 



Stay Happy Everyone :) !





No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Breastfeeding Journey

A post many of you have been waiting for and one I have been very excited to write. I am now 7 months into exclusively breastfeeding and ...