Tuesday 11 September 2018

FAME review





























"FAME! I wanna live forever, I wanna learn how to fly.."  Iconic. The lyrics, the show, the film, the musical, no matter in what form, 'Fame' is well-known around the world and very popular but did this new production of the phenomenon, by SELLAdoor Productions, do justice to its priors? Well last night thanks to the wonderful people at His Majesty's Theatre Aberdeen, I had the opportunity to find out.

After a warm welcome from the staff at HMT my sister and I took our seats ready for the show. Note pad and pen in hand I was ready to take my notes and indeed I did take a few but the show was so attention grabbing that I put my pad down. 

With impressive dance sequences, outstanding vocals and believable acting, this show really tells the story of these performing arts teens very well. The set may be basic but this allows you to really focus on each individual character and their story which can be difficult when there is a larger cast but this production of FAME managed to keep my attention in each individual story line. 

With a mixture of adult humour and heart-melting moments, this show has something for all grown audiences to enjoy. I also applaud the show for highlighting the problem of drug use in society today, this was very sensitively done. 

Each cast member did an amazing job and all their talents shone through. I personally was captivated by the vocals of both Carmen (played by Stephanie Rojas) and Miss Sherman (played by Mica Paris), their rendition of the theme song 'FAME' had everyone on their feet. The hilarity of Joe (played by Albey Brookes), the emotion conveyed by Schlomo (played by Simon Anthony), the dance moves of Tyrone (played by Jamal Kane Crawford) are just a few more aspects of the show that stood out to me, I could not fault any of the cast members. 

And if after reading this review you are still on the fence whether or not to buy tickets to see the show maybe my sister's words will convince you, 

"How amazing is this?!" She exclaimed and this was only half way through. 

(Tickets are limited so if you are interested in seeing the show in HMT please go to aberdeenperformingarts.com/fame or if you are interested in seeing the show elsewhere all venues are listed here http://fameuktour.co.uk/ .)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Breastfeeding Journey

A post many of you have been waiting for and one I have been very excited to write. I am now 7 months into exclusively breastfeeding and ...