Sunday 1 October 2017

Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup


First Recipe..

Hi Readers! I am excited to be posting my first recipe! I am in no way a Michelin star chef or away to write a cook book but I do like to think I can make a yummy meal and I really enjoy cooking! Reece always tells me he loves my cooking and I have hosted a few little dinner parties where I would cook food and I have always gotten empty plates. Ella-Grace, even though she can't tell me yet, her empty bowls tell me my food is at least edible. I have been meat and dairy free for a while now (let me know if you would like a separate post explaining why) and that has inspired me even more to do some recipe posts. I love trying new vegan recipes and showing people that yes, you can have yummy plant based meals that aren't only beneficial to you and to your environment which is SO important! So hopefully someone out there will give one of my recipes a try and give me some good feedback, I hope you find it scrumptious! Happy Reading! 


Suitable for Baby too...

I know not all of my readers are parents but for those who are and specifically those who have young babies who they are weaning onto solid food, this meal is baby friendly. According to my health visitor Ella-Grace (6 months old) can have anything I can have except honey (and obviously high sugar, salt ect). But you know your baby best and if you are unsure please ask your health visitor or doctor. But from what I have been told and my experience, it is safe for baby. Ella-Grace really likes this one. 

Ingredients

6 Salad Tomatoes
Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
1 Sweet Potato
1 Red Pepper
1 Red Onion
1 Mug Of Frozen Sweetcorn
1 Mug of Vegetable stock
200 ml Unsweetened Soy Milk
1/4 Can of Tinned Tomatoes
Free-From Basil Pesto (Or Basil leaves if you prefer)
Sunflower Spread (I use ProLife Sunflower Spread)
2 Garlic Cloves
Salt and Pepper

Method 

1. Pre-heat oven to 200oC chop salad tomatoes into quarters and cherry tomatoes into halves. Chop garlic cloves. Place on baking tray and drizzle over vegetable oil. Cook for 20 mins.
2. Meanwhile heat 2 teaspoons of Sunflower spread in large saucepan. Place chopped pepper, onion, sweet potato and sweetcorn in pan. Mix well. Let simmer for 2 mins.
3. Add tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and Soy milk. Bring to boil and leave to simmer.
4. Add Tomatoes to pan and 2 heaped teaspoons of basil pesto. Mix and leave to simmer until all vegetables are soft.
5. When vegetables are all soft. Blend to consistency you like.
6. Mix in another teaspoon of basil pesto and season with salt and pepper to taste (I do this after I have separated Ella-Grace's for her so she does not have the salt in it).
7. Serve with bread. Enjoy.

Till Next Time...

I hope you liked my first recipe post. Weird for me as I usually use my blog to voice my opinions or experiences, so writing a recipe is strange but in a good way. I love to cook and think knowing how to cook a healthy plant-based meal/s is important so I am happy to share it. I hope you try it and find it very yummy!! Comment below what you think of my recipe and don't forget to follow me on social media (links at the top of this post) for cute baby pics and positive posts. 

Stay Happy Everyone :)! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Breastfeeding Journey

A post many of you have been waiting for and one I have been very excited to write. I am now 7 months into exclusively breastfeeding and ...